[exim] "unit tests" for an exim installation/configuration

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Sandro Tosi
Para: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: [exim] "unit tests" for an exim installation/configuration
Hi all,
we are preparing a quite complex exim setup, and while in development
phase, we tend to make some deep changes, but it's highly likely
something else breaks in this process.. we want to avoid this :)

I'm considering writing something like a "unit tests" suite for the exim
installation, to test something like:

- how remote messages are routed
- how local messages are delivered
- white/black lists
- all other custom filters/routers/acls etc etc

At first I thought about implementing something in python using smtplib
module, then I googled and found Test::MTA::Exim4[1] (but that's perl!!)
then I thought about asking you :)

[1] http://kobesearch.cpan.org/htdocs/Test-MTA-Exim4/Test/MTA/Exim4.html

So, how are you testing your configuration when developing that "what
was fixed before is not broken due to new changes" and "what's required
to works is working"? how do you ensure your configuration/installation
works when you deploy it in

Cheers,
--
Sandro Tosi