Re: [exim] Is there a way to add/remove headers in user filt…

Góra strony
Autor: Sandro Tosi
Dla: exim-users@exim.org
Temat: Re: [exim] Is there a way to add/remove headers in user filters?
On 12/06/2010 01:36 PM, Ian Eiloart wrote:

> --On 6 December 2010 12:21:54 +0100 Sandro Tosi<sandro.tosi@???>
> wrote:
>

>>> However, we do have a web application that permits users to edit their
>>> user filters. It presents a simple interface to forwarding and vacation
>>> messages. You could do something similar for a system filter.
>>
>> We thought about doing this way too, but how do you handle the same
>> email routed to 2 different local users that has different system filters?
>>
>> AFAIUI, the system filters are executed just once per delivery
>> (different from user filters that are executed at each mail routing) so
>> we are feared that just the system filters of a user (random? the first
>> rcpt to?) is used instead of the system filters for each user mail
>> routing.
>
> Oh, that'll teach me to think before I write. You're right. The manual does
> describe something that might be what you want, in section 43.8. However,
> the documention doesn't specify whether that's a way of running a system
> filter per user, or a centralised way of running user filters.
>
> So, you might want to look at transport options, combined with per user
> lookups on a file or ldap entry.

Yep, user filtering this way it works, but user filters are not allowed
(AFAICS, and that's the reason for this thread :) to change message
headers, but in our configuration (for example) our users would like to
change the Subject for spam emails to prepend a string and that's not
possible.

Regards,
--
Sandro Tosi