Re: [exim] Is there a way to add/remove headers in user filt…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Is there a way to add/remove headers in user filters?
Sandro Tosi wrote:
> On 12/06/2010 01:36 PM, Ian Eiloart wrote:
>>

>> --On 6 December 2010 12:21:54 +0100 Sandro Tosi<sandro.tosi@???>

>>> We thought about doing this way too, but how do you handle the same
>>> email routed to 2 different local users that has different system filters?
>>>
>>> AFAIUI, the system filters are executed just once per delivery
>>> (different from user filters that are executed at each mail routing) so
>>> we are feared that just the system filters of a user (random? the first
>>> rcpt to?) is used instead of the system filters for each user mail
>>> routing.
>>
>> Oh, that'll teach me to think before I write. You're right. The manual does
>> describe something that might be what you want, in section 43.8. However,
>> the documention doesn't specify whether that's a way of running a system
>> filter per user, or a centralised way of running user filters.
>>
>> So, you might want to look at transport options, combined with per user
>> lookups on a file or ldap entry.
>
> Yep, user filtering this way it works, but user filters are not allowed
> (AFAICS, and that's the reason for this thread :) to change message
> headers, but in our configuration (for example) our users would like to
> change the Subject for spam emails to prepend a string and that's not
> possible.
>
> Regards,

This works for us:

   # DATA_SCAN_12: Modify Subject line with *Suspect* when score is over limit
   # and prep for divert to quarantine if per-recipient pg_quarantine is set
   #
   warn
     !condition  = ${if eq{$acl_m0}{1}}
     condition   = ${if >{$spam_score_int}{${eval:$acl_m7}}{1}{0}}
     spam    = spamd:true
     message     = Subject: *Suspect* $h_Subject:

=====

Wot's wot:

The first '!condition' is granting SA exemptions to the anointed ones for whom
acl_m0 has been set. May or may not be of interest...

The second 'condition' uses a value in acl_m7 - one of MANY pulled from a
PostgreSQL DB at the time of acl_smtp_rcpt_to. *see caveat below*

Router/transport sets act on acl_m7, not on the (modified) header.

While a user-filter may not alter a header, might it not be able to 'see' an
acl_m variable and act on that instead?

The snippet above is but one of many per-reciint acl's, is not a 'user filter'
but has a comparable effect.

NB:

Unless stripped, headers survive all the way out to the MUA, may be considered
relatively 'permanent', and may (also) be utilized by end-user MUA filters.

acl_m's 'survive' only until last delivery-from-queue has been actioned.
Basically limted to use by Exim.

Sometimes that is as good as or better than parsing a header. Sometimes not.

....might be worth looking into, as it is much less hassle to handle all this
during smtp-session and reduce need for 'out-of-band' DSN/Bounce ELSE
blackhole.....

CAVEAT: Of necessity, arrivals are limited to one recipient per message.
We'll gladly give that up if/as/when some form of EXDATA is adopted by more than
just the one MTA that uses it these ten years past....

Bill