Re: [exim] Exim 4.72 - customize quota message

Góra strony
Autor: W B Hacker
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] Exim 4.72 - customize quota message
Juergen Edner wrote:
> Hi Exim-users,
> I am running Exim 4.72 with quota checks activated. A quota warning
> is send as soon as the configured threshold per user is reached.
>
> Now I wonder if it would be possible to customize the quota warn
> message in that way that it shows detailed information about the
> defined threshold and the limit which has been reached.
> I've checked the documentation but didn't find any predefined
> variables which are containing the required information and could
> be used in the message text.
>
> Example:
>    The size of your mailbox size has reached<defined-quota-threshold>%
>    of the allowed quota of<defined-max-quota>. Please remove unrequired
>    messages to reduce its size.

> Thanks
> Juergen

CAVEAT: Not tested

It should be possible to use Exim's ability to replace default messages with
custom ones:

message =

IN COMBINATION

with contents of acl_m variables of returns from the quota tests, etc.

As the contents of these variables may be cumulatively 'built' by concatenating
contents of other variables, specific strings, and numerical values, you may
pre-build them as you go, and/or at the time of use (tested).

EX: (unwrap lines)

message = D1 $acl_m3 VIP passing $sender_address from $from_header:
$sender_host_address

You may also use a flat-file, SQL, or other DB lookup to source component
content. (also tested).

I guess the only thing 'not tested' here is actually the quota itself.

For us, bigger disks are cheaper hassling folk who seldom use over 10 GB anyway,
and average less than 2 GB.

YMMV,

Bill