Re: [exim] Implementing BATV

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Mike Cardwell
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Implementing BATV
On 30/11/2010 08:05, Leon Liebenberg wrote:

> I am running Exim 4.72 and we are doing callout verification. Mail
> being received that has been tagged with BATV is being rejected on our
> side because of the callouts.

> I would like your suggestions on what is the best way to implement BATV
> on exim so that it can strip off the BATV tags and proceed with the
> sender verification. I do not want to tag messages leaving our domain
> with BATV.

I don't understand what is failing. If your sender callouts are using a
null sender and the BATV "signed" email address as recipient, then it
should just work... If you were to "roll back" the batv signing, then
the sender callout should not work...

If an email comes in from:

mike+batv-sig@???

Then you want to do a callout with a sender address of <> and a
recipient address of <mike+batv-sig@???>. If you do it with
<mike@???> instead, then their BATV filtering will come into
play and will notice an incoming "bounce" email to a non-BATV signed
address and will reject it.

It is not possible to reliably reverse a BATV signed email, because
there is no real standard way of performing the signing in the first
place. Anyone can come up with their own custom method if they choose
to. iirc, even the latest versions of Exim do it differently to earlier
versions. I've not used BATV for a couple of years now though.

--
Mike Cardwell https://secure.grepular.com/ https://twitter.com/mickeyc
Professional http://cardwellit.com/ http://linkedin.com/in/mikecardwell