Re: [exim] SMTP Forwarder

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Odhiambo Washington
Para: Grimm, Michael
CC: exim-users@exim.org
Asunto: Re: [exim] SMTP Forwarder
On Mon, Nov 29, 2010 at 2:56 PM, Grimm, Michael <michael.grimm@???>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I am a complete Exim newbie. Is it possible to configure Exim for the
> following scenario?
> Our ERP-System wants to send emails over a dedicated account to it's users.
> As it tries to send the email as the current user, using the users address,
> the e-mail gets rejected by our provider (who is running Exchange).
> As the providers security policy doesn't allow me to grant the Exchange
> "Send as" permission to the ERP-Account I want to do the following:
>
> Configure an internal Exim installation to accept these "faked" emails
> Forward them to the Exchange server
> replacing the faked senders address with the valid adress of the account
> dedicated to the ERP-System.
>
> Is this possible?

Yes it is.

There is something called "header rewriting" in Exim that you can use to
accomplish the " replacing the faked senders address with the valid
address".

You can rewrite headers as they come into Exim both ways - when they come in
to be sent out and when they return from outside, to be delivered
internally.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,