Re: [exim] receiving mail on exim behind a :25 port firewall…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: W B Hacker
Para: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] receiving mail on exim behind a :25 port firewall ..
dani wrote:
> On 11/29/2010 10:18 AM, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> UUCP is a superior idea. I'm using it for ages now to send and receive
>> mail on my laptop. I didn't expect somebody thinking about it.
>>
>> IMHO it is exactly designed for only partly connected hosts.
>> If you want, I can find my UUCP config today's afternoon.
>>

> thanks! it would be nice of you while i read some more about it !

Dani,

Please DO read / go ogle more about uucp!

It has an interesting legacy of security issues - less so for restricted two-box
point-to-point use (as illustrated in Heiko's post), than for the way it was
used as a more widely shared resource years ago - but nonetheless still
demanding of careful setup.

Given his demonstrated level of expertise, I am confidant that Heiko has taken
steps to guard against vulnerabilities, but - 'generally' - there is more to it
than just the exim setup in his post.

Well worth a bit of research before jumping in from a cold start...

Regards,

Bill