Re: [exim] receiving mail on exim behind a :25 port firewall…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] receiving mail on exim behind a :25 port firewall ..
Graeme Fowler <graeme@???> (Mo 29 Nov 2010 22:34:06 CET):
> Noting that I have never had the need to use the following, the ETRN
> SMTP extension specification for intermittently-connected hosts is built
> in to Exim.
>
> Look here: http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Dialup_and_ISDN
>
> Essentially, mail queues on the "external" host and the "internal" hosts
> calls up to it and says "ETRN domain". All mail for $domain is then
> pumped down that connection.

If I understand well, not down *this connection*. The ETRN just triggers
a queue run for the domain in question. Asking for all the security
considerations…

(I think, actually Exim allows you to specify a custom command to run on
ETRN, but even with the custom command it's not possible to use the
connection established from the client side.)

But I may be wrong.

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMAN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B