Re: [exim] receiving mail on exim behind a :25 port firewall…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Heiko Schlittermann
A: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] receiving mail on exim behind a :25 port firewall ..
dani <dani@???> (Mo 29 Nov 2010 09:30:37 CET):
> On 11/29/2010 10:18 AM, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > UUCP is a superior idea. I'm using it for ages now to send and receive
> > mail on my laptop. I didn't expect somebody thinking about it.
> >
> > IMHO it is exactly designed for only partly connected hosts.
> > If you want, I can find my UUCP config today's afternoon.
> >

> thanks! it would be nice of you while i read some more about it !

Here is what I found on my systems. It works reliable for years, thus I do not
remember the details :-) I've simplified it a little but, the actual config
does some more lookups to run different remote commands for different hosts
(mainly for compression).

On the external box

# EXIM
    # global
    trusted_users = uucp

    # routers
    uucp:
      driver = manual
      domains = jumper.schlittermann.de
      route_list = * jumper byname
      transport = uux

    # transports
    uux:
      driver = pipe
      batch_max = 1
      command = "/usr/bin/uux - --nouucico $host!rmail ($local_part@$domain)"
      envelope_to_add
      log_output
      user = nobody

# UUCP
    # /etc/uucp/sys (last touched 6 years ago!)
    # I think the repeated options are redundant
    protocol t
    commands rsmtp rmail
    myname uucp-out
    port TCP
    time never
    command-path /usr/local/sbin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin

    system jumper
    called-login jumper
    myname pu
    commands zrmail rmail
    command-path /usr/local/sbin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin

    # /etc/uucp/passwd
    jumper  <deleted for privacy reasons ☺>

    # /etc/uucp/port
    port TCP
    type tcp

there are some more files I've never touched (I'd say)

On the home box (laptop) the exim config looks about the same,
except that the --nouucico is missing from the transport comand and that
I've setup a default (smart) router sending *all* and everything via
uucp. The UUCP config contains the username and password to use for
logging into the external box

    # /etc/uucp/sys
    command-path /usr/local/sbin /usr/sbin /sbin /usr/local/bin /usr/bin /bin
    commands rmail zrmail
    protocol tgvG
    protocol-parameter G packet-size 1024
    # protocol-parameter G window 7
    protocol-parameter G short-packets

    system pu
        myname jumper
        address pu.schlittermann.de
            call-login *            # taken from ./call
            call-password *         # taken from ./call
            port TCP
            time any

On a regular basis I start "uucico -S pu".
That's it.

I hope my information is somehow helpful.

--
Heiko :: dresden : linux : SCHLITTERMAN.de
GPG Key 48D0359B : 3061 CFBF 2D88 F034 E8D2 7E92 EE4E AC98 48D0 359B