Re: [exim] Problem with 'freeze' command in system filter.

Góra strony
Autor: Ben Allen
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Problem with 'freeze' command in system filter.
On Friday 26 November 2010 19:24:16 W B Hacker wrote:
> Ben,
>
> You might wish to submit that proposed patch via the exim-dev list where
> developers may see it sooner...
>
> Meanwhile - have you considered using 'acl_not_smtp' instead?
>
> AFAICS, that would give you a richer set of well-proven tools.
>
> 'Rich' enough that I've never needed to use a system filter at all.
>
> JM2CW
>
> Bill

Hi Bill,
Cheers for the reply. I'll post the patch on exim-dev.

I'm probably being slow, but I don't see how acl_not_smtp can help. As I
understand it, this is only 'called' when a message is received over a non
smtp source (e.g. using 'exim -bm' or a local bounce message following
delivery failure). What I want is something that runs every time a delivery is
attempted. This means either a system filter or a router/transport
combination.(?) A quick test with acl_non_smtp seems to indicate it doesn't
run at all with an externally source message, neither during receipt, nor
during subsequent queue routings and delivery attempts.

Thinking about it though, I can probably do exactly what I want with a
redirect router instead of a system filter. Although I suppose that it still
runs as a filter, so might have the same problem as before.

I'll see what happens if I run it as a router, but if I've missed something
obvious please let me know.

Cheers

Ben