Re: [exim] receiving mail on exim behind a :25 port firewall…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Dominic Benson
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] receiving mail on exim behind a :25 port firewall ..
On 26/11/10 16:15, dani wrote:
> hello,
> i would like to ask the community if there is anything i can do in the
> following situation:
>
> 1. linux server at home, behind a small router connected via a pppoe
> firewalled connection with dynamic allocated ip address (i can send
> emails fine behind the router, but i cant receive, my :25 port is
> firewalled by isp, that cannot change unfortunately.)
>
> 2. linux server hosted on a public static ip, full access on the
> machine, exim configured and running there.
>
> is there any way i can set up the two exims to be able ro receive mail
> at home, on the firewalled linux ? i have full access on my domain dns
> records aswell..
>
> thanks!

What I would do is as follows:

Set the publicly accessible server as your domain's MX

Add the domain you want to handle on your home machine as a relay domain
(on public IP server)

Register your home machine with a dynamic dns service (if you're hosting
your own DNS, then you could do it directly, otherwise try dyndns.com)

Use the hubbed_hosts exim router (looks up domains against
CONFDIR/hubbed_hosts), and add an entry for your domain in hubbed_hosts
[I think this is defined in the stock configuration, in any case it is a
fairly simple router]

example.com your.home.pc:587

Configure exim at home to listen on port 587, and to use your other
server as a smarthost for outbound mail.

Dominic