Re: [exim] MessageLabs: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7…

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: W B Hacker
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] MessageLabs: 501 Connection rejected by policy [7.7]
Ken West wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Thanks for your prompt response and your offer of help. I have to confess
> that I use Postfix rather than Exim, so I hope that doesn't disqualify me!

Not at all... I used for a while myself. And can remeber times when Weitse, Sam,
and Dan B were hashing over finer points of smtp - on Sam's courier-mta list.

smtp is - by necessity - a place where we all must cooperate.

> With your blessing I'll send you a copy of the email that MessageLabs is
> choking on.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Ken

Received and replied to with advice in re format issues.

Your problem is perhaps in the MUA's choice of composition format.

html works well for web pages, but smtp is less predictable.

Some MTA are configured to tolerate html well, others not at all.

Try a 'proper' plain-text message w/o attachments, and see if MessageLabs smack
THAT one...

Regards,

Bill