[exim] Issue with sending mails on multiple IPs

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Biju Abraham N.
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: [exim] Issue with sending mails on multiple IPs
Dear All,

We have an exim4 4.69-9 running on a debian linux box. We have two internet
service providers and as a protection, assigned one public IP each from two
pools on the mail server machine. I have got mapped the second ISP's public
IP also in the DNS with MX priority 20 as follows while the first one has
priority 10:

rajagiritech.ac.in.     3600    IN      MX      10 mail.rajagiritech.ac.in.

rajagiritech.ac.in.     3600    IN      MX      20
mailback.rajagiritech.ac.in.

mail.rajagiritech.ac.in. 3600   IN      A       202.88.229.124

mailback.rajagiritech.ac.in. 3600 IN    A       115.248.202.19

I also listening on port 25 for both the public IPs for incoming mails and
if the primary ISP fails, mails will come in through the second ISP.

Now while sending mails, I have seen that there are rejections on the second
ISP's public IP as follows:

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:

    host gmail-smtp-in.l.google.com [74.125.155.27]:

    550-5.7.1 [115.248.202.19] The IP you're using to send mail is not
authorized to

    550-5.7.1 send email directly to our servers. Please use the SMTP relay
at your

    550-5.7.1 service provider instead. Learn more at

    550 5.7.1 http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=10336

u4si2912443ybi.99

How do I avoid such errors? Should I fully prevent sending mails from the
second public IP OR can I do something by which I still can send mails from
second public IP and other mail servers will receive them with no error? Can
somebody please help me?

Regards,

Biju.