Re: [exim] static code analyze for exim-4.72

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Nigel Metheringham
To: exim users
Betreff: Re: [exim] static code analyze for exim-4.72
On 19 Nov 2010, at 14:18, Ted Cooper wrote:

> On 19/11/10 23:45, Marcin Mirosław wrote:
>> Hi!
>> I've run static code analyzer from clang suite. Results are available
>> here: http://mejor.pl/exim-472/ . If it could be usefull for exim
>> developing that's great. I haven't enough C skills to apprize is this
>> analyze worth something or not, this is way i'm posting here.
>> Regards.
>
> The instances I looked at were all failures of the analysis tool to
> understand the code or where the supposed error was impossible. I
> stopped looking after an example or two of each of the types of failure.

Pretty much same here, although I probably looked even more lightly.

For most of these the answer would probably be to add /* NOT REACHED */
comments assuming the analysis tool handles those.

The last 2 (setuid/setgid return checking) should be dealt with,
as long as there aren't ancient Unix variants which return void.

    Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]