[exim] Rejecting messages with no "To:" or "Cc:" field in th…

トップ ページ
このメッセージを削除
このメッセージに返信
著者: Mark Goodge
To: exim users
題目: [exim] Rejecting messages with no "To:" or "Cc:" field in the headers
Please forgive me for what is something of a newbie question, but I've
searched the documentation and I'm still none the wiser :-)

I have a specific application where we need to reject mail that has no
"To" or "Cc" header (that is, mail which, in a client, would be
displayed as being sent to "undisclosed recipients"). Alternatively, if
it's easier, I want to be able to reject mail for which one of our
domains doesn't appear in the "To" or "Cc" header (ie, we are merely a
Bcc or list recipient).

Before anyone asks, I am aware that this isn't recommended practice for
normal email, as it would lose too much legitimate mail (including mail
from lists such as this one). But the specific application where I need
this is the mail server handling our customer support ticketing address,
which a) is never subscribed to any mailing list address, and b) has no
reason why any legitimate customer should Bcc us instead of putting our
address in at least the Cc field. I have checked a large sample of such
messages on the system and they are 100% spam.

With Postfix, which is what I'm more familiar with, this would be a
fairly trivial configuration setting. So I'm assuming that the same
should be true for Exim, if only I knew what the setting was! Can anyone
enlighten me?

Thanks

Mark
--