Re: [exim] Setup Authentication to pass regardless of whethe…

Góra strony
Autor: Sven Hartge
Dla: exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] Setup Authentication to pass regardless of whether?the auth info is correct or not
Andrew D <awd-exim@???> wrote:

> Its a Largish backpackers hostel, that have issues with infected
> machines sending out SPAM, which the port redirection solves, with
> scanning and rate limiting. However they have an issue where people
> have auth setup for their 'normal' mail server, but due to the port
> redirection to the hostel internal server, they fail Auth. So doing
> this the hostels clients can send email without changing any setting
> on their machines, and the hostel has virus and SPAM scanning on email
> on the way out.

This will break Domain-Key- and SPF setups. And you will have their
private mails inside your mailsystem, which will possibly generate
bounces on invalid target addresses, which will lead to a privacy
nightmare for you.

Besides: any encrypted communication will break.

I would not dare to implement such a setup.

Wouldn't it be better to just block port 25 outgoing and leaving only
587 open? That way bots can't spam any MXes and users can still relay
mails with their normal relay.

This is the way it is supposed to work, not by intercepting any
communication.

Grüße,
Sven.

--