Re: [exim] Setup Authentication to pass regardless of whethe…

Góra strony
Autor: Andrew D
Dla: Dave Evans, Exim Users List
Temat: Re: [exim] Setup Authentication to pass regardless of whetherthe auth info is correct or not
Hi Dave,

On 13/11/2010 3:47 AM, Dave Evans wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 03:00:31AM +1030, Andrew D wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I need to set up a mail server that is able to allow users to relay
>> regardless of whether the authentication information valid or not.
>
> Do you mean you want authentication to succeed regardless of whether or not
> the info is valid? "server_condition = 1" would be a start. It's a rather
> unusual requirement though and I do wonder why you might have such a need.

Its a Largish backpackers hostel, that have issues with infected
machines sending out SPAM, which the port redirection solves, with
scanning and rate limiting. However they have an issue where people have
auth setup for their 'normal' mail server, but due to the port
redirection to the hostel internal server, they fail Auth. So doing
this the hostels clients can send email without changing any setting on
their machines, and the hostel has virus and SPAM scanning on email on
the way out.

> Or perhaps you mean that clients should be allowed to send mail regardless of
> whether or not they have successfully authenticated? In which case, look to
> your ACLs, for a condition mentioning "authenticated".

Thanks for your help.
Cheers
cya
Andrew