Re: [exim] help me in these options please

Góra strony
Autor: Ian Eiloart
Dla: Fayez honest, exim-users
Temat: Re: [exim] help me in these options please

--On 8 November 2010 22:24:56 +0200 Fayez honest <human.bieng@???>
wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> i'm using Exim in my server, & most domains in my server contain forums
> which contain many users, now each forum try to send messages to there
> users, meaning that a forum send one message to too many email accounts
> (or recipients)

I don't see why that would be a problem. If the forum users are getting too
much email, can they not simply disable the email notifications?

Anyway, Exim has rate-limiting features that you should be using for this
purpose. See sections 40.35 to 40.39. The results are much more flexible.
For example, you could limit the number of emails to each recipient, or
from each forum.

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex