Re: [exim] Mailman Slow Delivery

Author: Bryn Jones
To: 'Ajay Kajla', exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Mailman Slow Delivery
On 10 November 2010, Ajay Kajla quoth:

> Hello All,
>
> I have been using mailman+sendmail on a CentOS Linux VPS box, with 2 x
> Intel(R) Xeon(TM) MP CPU 3.66GHz CPUs, and 2 GB RAM. The list is of
> around
> 65000 users.

Err, you seem to be asking the Exim Users mailing list about a problem you
are having with your Sendmail and/or Mailman configuration.

[snip]

> Can you please suggest me how to improvise the performance of mailman
> or how
> about if I want to migrate the mailman from Sendmail to Exim ?

To improve the performance of Mailman, please refer to the Mailman support
documentation which you can find here:

http://www.gnu.org/software/mailman/docs.html

You might also try: http://tinyurl.com/2g73tqq

As to if switching from Sendmail to Exim will improve the performance? It
may, but you will have to install a new Mail Transport Agent (MTA), in this
case Exim, and your mailing lists won't be working until you do.