著者: Pete
To: exim-users
題目: [exim] Spamhaus Lookup
Hello all,

This afternoon I noticed that incoming mail was being temporarily
rejected. The usual suspects basically included just myself at first.
I've recently set up a new Debian Squeeze install running Exim 4.72.

Suffice it to say that I now seem to have found the cause of the
temporary rejections. After including a section
in /etc/exim4/exim4.conf.template as shown below, mail flow was
disrupted :

  deny
    hosts = !*.domain.example : !*.another.example \
            !*.onemore.example
    message = Access denied. Listed at $dnslist_domain.
    dnslists = zen.spamhaus.org

Substituting the obvious examples, this configuration has always worked
ok in the past. Commenting out this section returned incoming mail flow
to normal. Can anyone see anything here that could cause the
aforementioned breakage ?

I think the problem is that I cannot resolve zen.spamhaus.org for some
reason, but then again I can never remember having any trouble with
spamhaus.org. DNS is working ok here otherwise AFAICT.

I did check on www.spamhaus.org and noticed they were now announcing a
whitelist service. This is probably old news to many but I didn't see
anything regarding issues with zen.spamhaus.org.

Anyone having similar trouble now ?

Thanks for your time.

Regards,

Pete.