Re: [exim] Outgoing IP address

Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: Jim Cheetham
To: exim-users
Betreff: Re: [exim] Outgoing IP address
On 04/11/10 12:56, Peter Thomassen wrote:
> Today I did an upgrade at the VM _host_ from Debian Lenny to Squeeze,
> i.e. I did not upgrade anything in the virtual machine where Exim runs.
> Then suddenly, Exim started to use both IP addresses for outgoing
> connections. I could not figure out when it would use which one.

It might help if you told us what sort of VM host you are running --
Xen, VMWare, VirtualBox, what?

What sort of network interface is available to the VM guest? Bridged,
NATTed, other?

One possibility is that you are not really virtualised and are using
some kind of paravirtualisation (Virtuozzo?), and that the guest is
using the same kernel as the host ... therefore you have effectively
changed the environment in the guest.

As to *what* has changed, I'm not sure. :-|

-jim