Re: [exim] web ui for exim filter?

Author: Phil Pennock
To: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] web ui for exim filter?
On 2010-11-02 at 09:23 +0100, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:
> does anybody know about a web ui for exim filter?
>
>     - integrated into some web mailer
> or
>     - standalone

> The interface should be about the same as known avelsieve (the
> squirrelmail plugin). It should allow a user to edit his/her filter
> settings.

If you use pysieved and do not set forbid_sieve_filter on the
forwardfile Router, then you should be able to just use avelsieve.

pysieved takes care of transparently munging the "#Sieve filter" line
into place for you. So at that point any MANAGESIEVE client, which
creates Sieve scripts compatible with the features Exim's Sieve
implementation provides, should be able to just work with Exim.

I don't recall what Avelsieve does or doesn't offer. If it doesn't work
for you, or you can't stick with it, take a look at the other web UIs
at:
http://sieve.info/clients

Hrm, Exim could do with documenting which Sieve "require" capabilities
are supported.  It's:
    comparator-en;ascii-casemap
    comparator-i;ascii-casemap
    comparator-i;ascii-numeric
    comparator-i;octet
    copy
    encoded-character
    enotify
    envelope
    envelope-auth
    fileinto
    subaddress
    vacation

If your sieve client creates scripts that only require some of those,
you should be fine. You may need to set options on the Router to make
some of those work. Eg, for subaddress, you'll need to explicitly set
the relevant options, probably using $local_part_suffix.

-Phil