[exim] Cannot send mail from outside of local network

Etusivu
Poista viesti
Vastaa
Lähettäjä: Michael Klimczak
Päiväys:
Vastaanottaja: exim-users
Aihe: [exim] Cannot send mail from outside of local network
Hi,

sorry if this question has been asked before but I could not find a
suitable solution.

Exim is set up to receive mail from users and forward them to another
smtp for delivery (smarthost setup). Authentication via sasl and TLS
encryption are working. From the basic setup I would have assumed that I
now should be abel to send mail over the exim. However, this is only
working from within the local network.

Am I missing a configuration step in exim to enable connections from
outside or is it likely that there is an external cause for these issues
(I am sure there is no conflict with the firewall). Currently,
connections from outside do not receive a rejection, they just time out.
So far, I've tried setting auth_advertise_hosts to * (but this should be
the default anyway).

Any help would be appreciated,
micha

--