Re: [exim] EXIM SA?

Góra strony
Autor: W B Hacker
Dla: exim users
Temat: Re: [exim] EXIM SA?
Niels Dettenbach wrote:
> Dear all,
>

> im just wondering if there is no one out there who is still using EXIM-SA (SA
> at smtp time). Are there still interested users of EXIM-SA for current exim
> versions?
>
> Afaik EXIM-SA byself is not longer maintained byself, but afaik still used in
> the community and even if some distributions are maintaining their own
> pacthes. On the other hand i've seen that exim 4.72 comes with optional
> integration of brightmail anti spam.
>
> If there is interest, are you interested in an integration of EXIM-SA as an
> further option into EXIM upstream? Or - if not - further maintaining EXIM-SA
> as an "external project".
>
> For us (i.e. on NetBSD) it takes some handwork each time we make an exim
> update to fiddle in the exim-sa "patches" into the current exim (i.e. local
> scan). If we can contribute here into exim by an integration as a build
> option or something like that pls let me know this.
>
> If there are any further complaints about the current EXIM-SA code pls let me
> know this too.
>
> Many thanks in advance.
>

> Have a nice weekend and best regards,
>
> Niels. --- Niels Dettenbach http://www.syndicat.com

Niels,

I am by no means the expert, but AFAIK, the integration of SA with Exim went
upstream to mainstream quite some time ago, hence the need for a separate
Exim-SA was mooted. SA use is built-in.

With current and several recent releases of Exim, all one has to do to utilize
SA is;

- *have* SA installed and available. No special config to use with Exim, save
knowing/selecting which/where socket or IP to use for communciation.

- tell Exim where/how to connect to SA (socket or IP location/address)

- 'call' SA from within an Exim acl.

There is no extra work to do this required on FreeBSD or OpenBSD, so IF such is
seen to be needed on NetBSD, then the 'vanilla' Exim port/pkgsrc would be out of
date.

.., and I don't think that is the case.

So - AFAICS - anyone still chasing EXIM-SA is doing no-longer-needed extra work.

HTH,

Bill Hacker

PS: Same again with ClamAV integration, BTW. It JFW.