Re: [exim] *Suspect* Prevent the sending of locally generate…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] *Suspect* Prevent the sending of locally generated blank email
Sebastian Tennant wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> How easy or hard would it be to write an ACL that denies locally generated
> email if the subject header _and_ the body of the email are blank, i.e.,
> contain nothing at all, or just horizontal or vertical whitespace?
>
> Any tips/pointers/suggestions very much appreciated.
>
> I'm struggling with a misbehaving client library and need a quick workaround.
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Seb
> --
> Emacs' AlsaPlayer - Music Without Jolts
> Lightweight, full-featured and mindful of your idyllic happiness.
> http://home.gna.org/eap

'nothing at all' is easier than blank lines, BUT it may not be that simple.

- empty "Subject:" is a not totally uncommon legitimate user faux pas, and one I
cannot block without more pain than gain.

- empty body WITH attachment-only is also not uncommon - though less so in
combination with empty subject.

Might it be 'quicker' to force whatever is using that misbehaving lib to insert
a quasi-unique flag and key on that if/as/when not over-written by a proper
completion?

JM2CW

Bill