Re: [exim] RElaying permitted if and only if SMTP AUTH via S…

Author: W B Hacker
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] RElaying permitted if and only if SMTP AUTH via STARTTLS
The Doctor wrote:
> Just wondering if the no relay rule could be
> disabling my attempts at STARTTLS over port 25.

I don't see why it would.

But you can surely test it easily enough by toggling the rule on and off, can
you not?

FWIW, if it is your own user-community trying to submit over port 25, you will
find it easier to craft sane rules if you move those to port 587 and leave port
25 for the use of peer MTA submissions.

Also lower likelihood of problems when a connectivity ISP is blocking '.. to any
port 25' from within their connectivity pool.

Might that be your problem already?

JM2CW

Bill