Re: [exim] Virtual hosting moving from sendmail and postfix

Author: Odhiambo Washington
To: Warren Baker
CC: exim-users, The Doctor
Subject: Re: [exim] Virtual hosting moving from sendmail and postfix
On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 10:33 AM, Warren Baker <warren@???> wrote:

> On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 9:16 AM, Odhiambo Washington <odhiambo@???>
> wrote:
> > On Sat, Oct 9, 2010 at 6:51 AM, The Doctor <doctor@???>
> wrote:
> >
> >> It is a bit of work, but I plan to blog this at
> >> http://www.nk.ca/~doctor/blog/ <http://www.nk.ca/%7Edoctor/blog/> .
> >>

> > Someone already documented HOWTO <http://www.purplehat.org/?page_id=4>
> for
> > what you want to do, except this one was FreeBSD specific, but it's not
> hard
> > to work with since the only differences would be in the way you install
> apps
> > on your OS and where it places the config files.
> > Again, you said you plan to "migrate" so the only other thing you'll have
> > look at is the storage for auth containers - whether flat file or DB
> based.
>

> I think the OP was referring to moving from sendmail+postfix to Exim
> and blogging about his experience.

Sure. I seem to have completely misread him, seeing as this is Exim list.
Sorry.

However, no hope is lost. He can use Gordon Dickens'
Exim4u<http://www.exim4u.org/>as a base for having an easy to manage
Virtual Hosting setup.
Migration of use database can be scripted for ease of change. I believe I
have some scripts lying somewhere for migrating data from master.passwd or
(/etc/shadow) into the DB.

--
Best regards,
Odhiambo WASHINGTON,