Re: [exim] rejecting un-resolvable IPs at smtp time

Top Pagina
Auteur: Dave Lugo
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] rejecting un-resolvable IPs at smtp time

In the appropriate ACL (connect, mail, rcpt - I tend
to do rejections/deferrals in rcpt, so I can see the
from/to that were presented), try this:

defer    condition     = ${if eq {$host_lookup_failed}{1} {yes}{no}}

On Tue, 5 Oct 2010, Jim Pazarena wrote:

> Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2010 12:38:44
> From: Jim Pazarena <exim@???>
> To: exim-users@???
> Subject: [exim] rejecting un-resolvable IPs at smtp time
>
> In an effort to reduce spam, I would like to defer (rather than outright refuse) reception
> on any message that comes from a server without a PTR.
>
> I am not sure how to create an ACL to check for a non-existent PTR/unresolvable IP.
> I haven't found in FAQs this question.
>
> Advice would be appreciated.
> Thanks,

  Dave Lugo     dlugo@???      No spam, thanks.
  Are you the police?  . . .  No ma'am, we're sysadmins.