Re: [exim] How to include transport info

Autor: Todd Lyons
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] How to include transport info
On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 4:24 PM, Phil Pennock <exim-users@???> wrote:
>> Will exim allow this multiple inclusion of the same file?
>
> Try it, and then run:
>
> $ exim -bP transport remote_smtp_webmail
> $ exim -bP transport remote_smtp_authenticated
>
> If the options exist in both places, then you'll know that Exim does.

Oh, sweet, I had used -bP before to look at general config options,
but had not ever delved into the transport argument.

> (Yes, I believe Exim does allow this, there's no reason it wouldn't; it
>  will open and read the file each time, and stat each time, but the file
>  should be in the buffer cache)

And it does work as expected, thank you oh so much!

Now this is a dkim question. My macro to set the signing domain uses
$sender_address_domain, which is the domain portion of the _envelope_
sender. A previous implementation that I had seen used the domain
portion of the _header_ sender. Which is correct? Or is the answer
"it depends" ?

--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and