Re: [exim] More info sought about "recipients" ACL modifier.

Author: Nigel Metheringham
To: Kaz Kylheku
CC: exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] More info sought about "recipients" ACL modifier.
On 24 Sep 2010, at 05:08, Kaz Kylheku wrote:
> The documentation is a little vague.

Patches are accepted.

> If a rule has "recipients = ab@c : de@f", what does that mean?
>
> Does the rule match if at least one of these two recipients is found
> in
> either the To: or Cc: header? Does it use headers or the
> envelope recipients?

Match if the message has any one or more of those recipients in the envelope.
Exim generally deals in envelope addresses unless explicitly stated otherwise.

> (And is that the right syntax for a list of two recipients,
> analogous to hosts? Can there even be multiple recipients,
> or is this feature for testing one name against the list
> of recipients in the message?)

Its an address list so there can be many recipients defined.
If you need to match on multiple specific recipients then there
are other more complex conditions that can be built with the
condition modifiers.

> How strict is the match? For instance, if a recipient
> is "A B <ab@c>" does that match ab@c?

Not an issue since its not working on header addresses.

    Nigel.

--
[ Nigel Metheringham             Nigel.Metheringham@??? ]