Re: [exim] ACL Drop Issue

Top Pagina
Auteur: Peter Bowyer
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] ACL Drop Issue
On 14 September 2010 11:19, paulcormack@??? <paulcormack@???> wrote:
> The acl test comes back with a "drop: condition test succeeded", saying the
> address me@??? is not in the recipients_allow.list and writes to the
> log. If I run mail (echo "testing exim acl" | mail -v -s "test email"
> me@???) the message is delivered, even if the recipient is not in
> the allowed list. Any idea as to why the tests work but when I use the mail
> command the message goes into the exim queue and is delivered? Any help is
> appreciated!

The ACL you wrote is evaluated at SMTP RCPT time. When you use the
'mail' command, you're calling the exim binary directly and not
submitting via SMTP, so your ACL is never reached.

There's probably another Debian config file you need to use to cause
something to show up in the ACLs that are evaluated for non-SMTP mail
- check your Debian documentation or the mailing list referred to
within for this.

Peter