Re: [exim] Strange sql lookup results

Author: Todd Lyons
To: Jakob Hirsch, exim-users
Subject: Re: [exim] Strange sql lookup results
On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Jakob Hirsch <jh@???> wrote:
> Todd Lyons, 2010-09-09 04:56:
>
>> 2010-09-09 02:43:19 DEBUG: active=1 frequency=2 ea=BLAH
>> email_autoresponder=BOBOBOBOBO
>>
>> But it _SHOULD_ be:
>>
>> 2010-09-09 02:43:19 DEBUG: active=1 frequency=2 subject=BLAH message=BOBOBOBOBO
>
> works fine here with 4.72:
>
> # exim -be
>> ${lookup mysql { \
> SELECT ea.active,ea.frequency,ea.subject,ea.message \
> FROM email_autoresponder AS ea \
> JOIN email AS e ON e.autoresponder_id=ea.id \
> JOIN domain AS d ON d.id=e.domain_id \
> WHERE e.active=1 } }
> active=1 frequency=3 subject=bla_subject message=blub_message

I took a little time to build 4.72 and install it on my test system
and it definitely does fix this issue. I looked through CVS to try
and find what changed that would fix this, but it was not immediately
obvious to me. Based on a backtrace, I suspect it has to do with a
string.c commit by Nigel, but did not investigate very far beyond the
backtrace (and I no longer have it).

Since my 4.69 live servers use the libdkim method of dkim
verification, I'll have to slowly roll out this new version which uses
the new built-in dkim capabilities.

Thanks for the response Jakob, without it I probably would have fought
a losing battle. (I've been looking for an excuse to upgrade anyway
:-)
--
Regards...      Todd
I seek the truth...it is only persistence in self-delusion and