Re: [exim] Condition on router to check if the destination o…

Author: Vaggelis Koutroumpas
To: exim users
Subject: Re: [exim] Condition on router to check if the destination of a message is to the same server (is in local_domains)
Thank you Peter!

Actually I figured it out yesterday a little after I posted this :)

I have one more issue though.
While on the outgoing router with " domains = ! +local_domains " ti works
great logging only emails that are destined to a domain outside the server
if I send an email that is destined to an account/domain on the same server,
the router that logs the incoming traffic, logs this email as if it was
originated outside the server.

Here is the incoming traffic router

trafficlog_in:
  user = mail
  driver = redirect
  domains = +local_domains
  data = "# Exim filter\n\
    logfile \"/var/log/exim/traffic.log\"\n\
    logwrite \"\\$tod_log INCOMING ID=\\$message_id DOMAIN_TO=\\$domain
USER_TO=\\$local_part DOMAIN_FROM=\\$sender_address_domain
USER_FROM=\\$sender_address_local_part SIZE=\\$message_size\"
  no_verify
  allow_filter
  allow_freeze

(I've changed a bit the log format since my yesterday's post)

How can I ignore emails that originate from the same server so it won't log
internal traffic?

I tried a condition with match_domain checking the $sender_address_domain
against +local_domains with no luck...

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

--------------------------------------
Regards,
Evans Koutroumpas
Systems Administrator