[exim] A TLS packet with unexpected length was received - ma…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Jonathan Plews
Aan: exim users
Onderwerp: [exim] A TLS packet with unexpected length was received - maybe something new?
Hi, I don't want to get into the back-story of this error, but did
want to raise an issue that I have just come across.

My customers mail server was not able to receive messages for
Microsoft's own hosted exchange service because on every connection
attempt there was a 'A TLS packet with unexpected length was received'
error. There was also 1 independently run Ex2007 server that was
causing the same problem.

After digging through bug reports and removing ca-certificates (or
dpk-reconfiguring) has completely stopped the problem

All of this may have been covered before, but as I noticed a change I
thought it may be worth reporting, I'm interested to hear if others
are having the same problems lately.

The bug must lie in gnutls or ca-certificates, yet all the Debian bugs
are in the Exim lists - but that mess is something for later ;)

--
Jonathan Plews
jon@???