Re: [exim] A "forgot the attachment" filter for Exim

Página superior
Eliminar este mensaje
Autor: Jim Cheetham
A: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] A "forgot the attachment" filter for Exim
Quoting Jeremy Malcolm (from 06/09/10 19:14):
> I have just written a filter that I use with Exim to reject outgoing mail if it appears that I had intended to include an attachment, but forgot to do so.

Nothing wrong with doing this in the MTA because you know your own
system & usage habits better than we do, but the job of "figuring out
what the user wants" is something that should take place in the MUA. I
note that Thunderbird 3 at least has a tool for detecting potential
attachmentless messages, and probably others do too.

Putting the detection & response in the MTA means that you can't
feedback to the user quickly & accurately, and the user has the option
of saying "yes I know it looks like I should have attached but I know
what I'm doing (this time)".

(As I typed that last sentence, Thunderbird popped up a black banner at
the foot of the screen, saying "Found an attachment keyword: "attached"
[Add Attachment] [Remind me later]")

-jim