Re: [exim-dev] Expanded options vs non-expanded

Author: Heiko Schlittermann
To: exim-dev
Subject: Re: [exim-dev] Expanded options vs non-expanded
Hi,

Phil Pennock <exim-dev@???> (Do 02 Sep 2010 07:13:12 CEST):
> Today, with so many options expanded, and so much flexibility, does it
> still make sense to have non-expanded options?
>
> I know that the non-expanded options can be checked at -bt time, but so
> much is expanded that this buys you fairly little.

From my limited point of view I'd suggest to have everything expanded.

In Exim trainings it's always difficult to explain, that most options
are expanded, not all.

Of course, this is not a good reason to have all options expanded, but
just for clarity, simplicity and so on, it would be good to follow your
suggestion.

I'd appreciate it.

> Or perhaps "only booleans which are somehow intrinsic to the meaning are
> not expanded"?

What is "somehow". I'd say, only if there is a very technical reason not
to expand, than no expansion should an can be done…

--
Heiko