Re: [exim] dupes on a mailing list

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: Phil Pennock
Para: Randy Bush
CC: exim users
Asunto: Re: [exim] dupes on a mailing list
On 2010-09-02 at 12:23 +0900, Randy Bush wrote:
> > For instance, you might have domain_overrides as a DB file of some kind,
> > keyed by domain and with the data being a space-separated list of
> > key="value" items, such as:

> but then, to test
>
>     psg.com:/usr/local/etc/exim# exim -bt
>     2010-09-02 03:20:19 Exim configuration error in line 779 of /usr/local/etc/exim/configure:
>       integer expected for max_rcpt

> that's in the smart_smtp transport

Crap. I am very sorry. I took something that worked for me for other
stuff and showed how to extend it to max_rcpt without actually checking
to confirm that max_rcpt is an expanded option. Some settings in Exim
have to be given literally and are not expanded. I wasted your time
with that option.

The other option, with two Routers, will work. Or one router which uses
two different transports. The "transport" option is expanded. *sigh*

Non-expanded options have their values checked at syntax time, so some
core bits can be sanity-checked early. With the way that Exim has
grown, with so much that can be configured, I'm not sure that decision
still makes sense today.

-Phil