Re: [exim] malware_name not reporting correct name?

Top Pagina
Auteur: John Horne
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] malware_name not reporting correct name?
On Mon, 2010-08-30 at 00:21 -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> On 2010-08-29 at 18:15 +0100, John Horne wrote:
> > On Sun, 2010-08-29 at 01:20 -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> > > Clearly the parse logic in Exim needs to be a little more careful. I'm
> > > apparently in the middle of developing a head-cold which is messing up
> > > my ability to think clearly, so don't feel that any code I wrote now
> > > would be worth the electrons used to encode it. So, patches welcome.
>
> > I've had a quick look at the code, and I think it should be possible to
> > cater for this case. I'll bugzilla the problem, and submit a patch if I
> > can devise one.
>
> Not seeing a bugzilla mail and I'm #@$%ed if I can figure out (again)
> how to get a list of all open bugs from that software. Sometimes I can,
> sometimes it wins.
>
> Here's my patch against malware.c which makes the ClamAV response
> handling rather more robust. Let me know how it works for you?

Your patch returns the truncated name, whereas I went for exim returning
the name clamav returns, and then let the user sort which bit they want.
However, I suspect yours will be more likely required :-)

I have been using your patch on a server today, and it works fine both
with and without the clamav extendedinfo option.

John.

--
John Horne                   Tel: +44 (0)1752 587287
University of Plymouth, UK   Fax: +44 (0)1752 587001