Re: [exim] How to configure sieve filtering?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil Pennock
Aan: Marc Haber
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] How to configure sieve filtering?
On 2010-08-22 at 21:32 +0200, Marc Haber wrote:
> On Fri, 20 Aug 2010 14:43:34 -0400, Phil Pennock wrote:
> >(1) I take it that the 'user' is being set somewhere, probably on the
> >    userforward Router?
> >(2) Do you want to filter out things like ../ appearing in the path?
> >(3) I'll somewhat echo Peter's comments, but for once in a somewhat more
> >    mellow tone than Peter.  ;)

> |userforward:

[...]
> | check_local_user

> You'll notice a certain similiarity to the stock upstream exim
> userforward router.

Yes; thanks for providing that.

(1) check_local_user is implicitly setting "user", so that's happening.

(2) this is specific to the OP's changes; they're changing delivery
    location based upon scripts which are designed to be remotely
    loaded, typically using the same credentials as used for email
    access (which sometimes leak), so some paranoia is called for in the
    changes.  Filtering out ../ in the paths from the sieve filter
    strikes me as a good addition

(3) Debian being different is not the source of Peter's comments, which
    I'm echoing.  The OP being actively unwilling to read Debian's docs
    is the source of this bit of feedback.

-Phil