Re: [exim] Stop responding to bounces?

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Emmanuel Noobadmin
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: David Woodhouse
Υ/ο: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Stop responding to bounces?
On 8/20/10, David Woodhouse <dwmw2@???> wrote:
> That shouldn't be necessary -- it's the return-path which is important.
> Nothing should *ever* send an autoresponse anywhere but the return-path.
>
> However, it's possible that something in the system you describe is
> broken, and is sending an autoresponse or a bounce to the From: address
> instead of to the return-path. Find *that* and fix it, rather than
> mangling the From: address to be empty.

Does the "system you describe is broken" refers to my mail server or
the sender's mail server? If it's the sender's server, I don't think
there's much I could do apart from emailing them and hoping the admin
bothers. On my side, it seems to be handling bounces correctly based
but I can't really tell without changing the retry period to something
really small and risk creating a server killing loop myself.