Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.0…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: David Woodhouse
Para: paul.mcilfatrick
CC: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.04 but turning on Exim is a problem
On Fri, 2010-08-20 at 14:52 +0100, paul.mcilfatrick@??? wrote:

> I am afraid that is the problem as I am only a part time UNIX/Linux
> admin and have not much experience with how init scripts work.

All the more reason for you *not* to be trying to do this stuff for
yourself. The distribution ships a perfectly reasonable Exim package
with its own init scripts &c to start/stop it.

If you don't like the distro's *configuration*, then you can replace it
with your existing one. That doesn't mean you should be building and
installing the software manually.

--
dwmw2