Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.0…

Top Pagina
Auteur: Morgan Gangwere
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.04 but turning on Exim is a problem
On 8/20/2010 3:34 AM, Peter Bowyer wrote:
> Those instructions are necessarily generic, and can't take into
> account all possible packgers' ways of going about things - it has to
> be assumed that an admin knows a bit about how things like init
> scripts work on the system they're running.

As well, Debian does it a little differently then most others.

Here's to give you an idea: they still use SysV init ( instead of
/etc/services ) and they do it kinda different even then (from what I've
seen)

To get an item into say runlevel 5 ( /etc/rc.5 ) you actually add
something in /etc/init.d/, then call update-rc.d [script] defaults and
it makes the appropriate symlinks.

If you think this is confusing, use BSD. It's simpler there.

- --

Morgan Gangwere

>> Why?
> Because it breaks the logical flow of conversation, plus makes

messages unreadable.