Re: [exim] exim4 version 4.69 - only permit message relay if…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: Andreas Metzler
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] exim4 version 4.69 - only permit message relay if target email address is in /etc/aliases or in user .forward ?
Mike Gore <magore@???> wrote:
> Question: I would like to setup exim4 to only permit relaying if
> resulting email address in defined ether in /etc/aliases or by a users
> .forward file, otherwise I would like to keep my relay domains blank.
> Does anyone have an example of this configuration ? The key is I
> would like to do this safely.

> I am surprised its not in an FAQ since using system aliases and
> .forwards are common.

> I am Using Ubuntu 9.10 and exim4 version 4.69.

[...]

Could you be a little bit more verbose, about what you consider
"relaying"? (Mail sent from machine 0 to address x should be accepted,
mail sent from machine 1 to address y should be rejected, etc.)

If your szenario is this one

server.example.com is MX for example.com
server.example.com does not act as smarthost or secondary MX
users on server.example.com can configure forwarding via .forward

then the answer to your question is: Keep relay domains blank, list
example.com in local_domains. Things already work as expected.

cu andreas