Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.0…

Páxina inicial
Borrar esta mensaxe
Responder a esta mensaxe
Autor: paul.mcilfatrick
Para: exim-users
Asunto: Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.04 but turning on Exim is a problem
>> It is just the way I have been doing it for years - adding the
>> sa-exim files to the new source directories and then building
>> it. Our Exim config file has evolved over years so the thought
>> of learning a new system did not appeal to me.

> FWIW, you can on any debian machine run the following for almost any
> package:
> apt-get build-dep [packages]

> This gets you the appropriate dependencies for any package. Use it in
> conjunction with the source and --build options, and you'll have a nice
> pretty deb sitting there, if you're really worried about that.

If you read my first post you will see that I had to do the " apt-get build-dep exim4" to get all the dependencies installed before exim 4.72 would build on Ubuntu server 10.04.

My query is really that the instructions in the "section 25.7 Turning Exim on" of Philip Hazel's 2nd edition Official Guide to Release 4 of Exim which worked fine on our old Solaris 9 mail server do not apply to Ubuntu server 10.04 and thoughts on how these instructions can be updated.

> if you're totally new to debian-based administration, check out
> Debian-Administration: http://debian-administration.org/ -- Its a nice
> set of articles that occasionally help.

Thanks for this - I will check it out.