Re: [exim] Stop responding to bounces?

Top Pagina
Auteur: Phil Pennock
Aan: Emmanuel Noobadmin
CC: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Stop responding to bounces?
On 2010-08-20 at 04:45 +0800, Emmanuel Noobadmin wrote:
> After reading up, it seems that I can reject mails at the
> acl_smtp_predata stage with a 550 error so that the message never gets
> accepted for delivery and makes the sending server retry later for
> valid senders.

You can use acl_smtp_data, which is called once the mail has been
received into the queue, but before the server responds to acknowledge
message receipt (and so, before delivery begins). In this case, you
will have the real size.

You can also reject predata based on size, but you're then going based
on whatever size was advertised by the client in the MAIL FROM line,
which isn't necessarily the same as the final real size.

-Phil