Re: [exim] Exim filters with virtual users from a database

Autor: Peter Bowyer
A: exim users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Exim filters with virtual users from a database
On 19 August 2010 17:32, Yves Goergen <nospam.list@???> wrote:
> On 05.08.2010 21:56 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've read about Exim filters (and Sieve filters) and the only thing I've
>> found about storage was that they can be stored in files in the user's
>> home directory. But in my setup there are no real users and they have no
>> home directory, there's just database entries for every mailbox (domain
>> & local part) and they have a directory where the Maildir data is stored
>> in. How can I use filters in this setup? Can the filter itself come from
>> the database as well? That would be the easiest solution for me.
>
> Is that possible at all? Or is Exim's flexibility ending here, being
> stuck on real files in a more or less fixed path?

Filter data can be anywhere that Exim can access - in a database table
alongside other user-specific data is a common use case.

Use the data= directive in a redirect router - it can be anything from
inline in the config file to the output of an external programme, and
anything else Exim can expand in between.

Peter