Re: [exim] Exim filters with virtual users from a database

Top Pagina
Auteur: Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
Aan: exim-users
Onderwerp: Re: [exim] Exim filters with virtual users from a database
On 08/19/2010 01:32 PM, Yves Goergen wrote:
> On 05.08.2010 21:56 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I've read about Exim filters (and Sieve filters) and the only thing I've
>> found about storage was that they can be stored in files in the user's
>> home directory. But in my setup there are no real users and they have no
>> home directory, there's just database entries for every mailbox (domain
>> & local part) and they have a directory where the Maildir data is stored
>> in. How can I use filters in this setup? Can the filter itself come from
>> the database as well? That would be the easiest solution for me.
> Is that possible at all? Or is Exim's flexibility ending here, being
> stuck on real files in a more or less fixed path?

I think you will need an actual file. But this file can be stored
anywhere, for example /var/mail/filters/<user>.filter, if you specify
something like

file = /var/mail/filters/$local_part.filter

in your router. You can use any exim expression that returns a path
representing where the filter is stored.

--
The world wants to be deceived.
        -- Sebastian Brant

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI