Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.0…

Autor: Morgan Gangwere
A: exim-users
Assumpte: Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.04 but turning on Exim is a problem
On 8/19/2010 4:59 AM, Someone who has a bad MUA wrote:
> It is just the way I have been doing it for years - adding the sa-exim files to the new source directories and then building it. Our Exim config file has evolved over years so the thought of learning a new system did not appeal to me.

FWIW, you can on any debian machine run the following for almost any
package:
apt-get build-dep [packages]

This gets you the appropriate dependencies for any package. Use it in
conjunction with the source and --build options, and you'll have a nice
pretty deb sitting there, if you're really worried about that.

if you're totally new to debian-based administration, check out
Debian-Administration: http://debian-administration.org/ -- Its a nice
set of articles that occasionally help.

- --

Morgan Gangwere

>> Why?
> Because it breaks the logical flow of conversation, plus makes

messages unreadable.