Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.0…

Página Principal
Apagar esta mensagem
Responder a esta mensagem
Autor: paul.mcilfatrick
Para: exim-users
Assunto: Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.04 but turning on Exim is a problem
>> Has anyone built Exim from source downloaded from exim.org and got it
>> running on Ubuntu server?

> I imagine exceedingly few people have. Ubuntu provides a
> perfectly useful Exim out of the box, exim being the default MTA.
> For more advance users, there's a "heavy" package which enables most
> of Exim's features. Why bother going to all the hassle of compiling
> and then having to maintain your own binaries?

It is just the way I have been doing it for years - adding the sa-exim files to the new source directories and then building it. Our Exim config file has evolved over years so the thought of learning a new system did not appeal to me.

BTW, once all the dependencies were in place on Ubuntu server the building of Exim was very easy.