Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.0…

Αρχική Σελίδα
Συντάκτης: paul.mcilfatrick
Ημερομηνία:
Προς: exim-users
Αντικείμενο: Re: [exim] Built Exim 4.72 from source on Ubuntu server 10.04 butturning on Exim is a problem
<snip>

> I dont understand why built Exim and start it with postfix script!!!!!!!!
> i use Exim on Debian but i start it with /etc/init.d/exim

I presume you installed the Exim package as there is no /etc/init.d/exim file on the Ubuntu server 10.04 that I have just built?

If you only download the Exim source and build it following the instructions in Philip Hazel's book as I have done then it needs to be started when a system restarts. On our old Solaris system this was done by /etc/init.d/sendmail which actually starts Exim because of the symbolic link.

Regards

Paul McIlfatrick